Thursday, February 22, 2007

Highway Games



The moon hovered careless upon the far lights...and the night was filled with whispers of the wind. The chimneys were alive and spurt out flames lashing crazy in the altitude. I closed and opened my eyes at long intervals breaking rhythm of sight but the thought is constant and delivers blinding rushes of electric energy.




Little butterflies rise as she arrives in her satin style and her body bends and her shoulders fall. Lock the keys. Lock the kiss before she sighs and walks toward the door of great escape. into the new born spring sunlight, and leaves you alone to watch the curtains rise and fall into the hours.
Caterpillars crawl. Over and over the great green walls. On the walls they hung pretty pictures of the queens,the queens of the empire of the night fantasy. Fallen leaves swim in the breath of spring 's arrival. Winters is waving its frosty eyes and saying goodbye. A time was. A time again. She used to laugh about the insanity of pleasure.I feel this too...she said...I feel your life under your skin. And it was cruel and it was true that I could never define...her.





"As though you were born
As though you were born
And so you thought
And so you thought
The futures ours
The futures ours
To keep and hold
To keep and hold
A child within
A child within



Has healing ways
Has healing ways
It sees me through
It sees me through
My darkest days
My darkest days

I'm gonna keep catching that butterfly

In that dream of mine"

Catching the butterfly - The Verve

No comments: